[coreboot] Porting to RS780/SB700 board

Marc Jones marcj303 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 00:28:03 CEST 2010

Hi Ed,

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 1:01 PM, Rudolf Marek <r.marek at assembler.cz> wrote:

> I found that in k8 CAR set_var_mtrr is set as it the arguments would be an
> adresses, but in fact they HAVE TO be in kilobytes.
>
> Try this:
>
> /* So we can access RAM from [1M, CONFIG_RAMTOP) */
> set_var_mtrr(0, 0x00000000, (CONFIG_RAMTOP >> 10), MTRR_TYPE_WRBACK);
>

> Instead of:
> set_var_mtrr(0, 0x00000000, CONFIG_RAMTOP, MTRR_TYPE_WRBACK);

This is a problem. There is an early init version and a normal version
of this function that take different input. Very confusing. I am still
not sure why we are doing a bunch of memory clearing and what
CONFIG_RAMTOP is supposed to be.

I also started porting a board today and hit the memset clearing
problem you mentioned. This seems to have come up since the
introduction of the memset, but that is probably a symptom.

Marc

--
http://se-eng.com