[coreboot] ASUS M4A77TD-PRO. No boot, nothing on the serial port. I'm quite lost.

Rudolf Marek r.marek at assembler.cz
Tue Aug 3 00:31:01 CEST 2010

> Ok. I did it and I got the serialICE prompt (@38400). In fact it appears again and
> again every second or so. That suggests some watchdog might be rebooting the
> board. I already set the it8712f kill watchdog call in coreboot, not sure
> if it was needed, but it seems it is.  I could put it in serialICE but
> unless I need to use SerialICE for something else I think I won't.

Well please investigate because I put  there already  - it is the write to reg
0x72. There might be watchdog in SB700 datasheet says disabled by default but
dunno if there is some possibility that it is enabled by default by some strap
resistor.

Make sure you call sb700_lpc_init _before_ any access to superIO. Also I would
suggest to use the tilapia_fam10 instead of a copy - you might forgotten to do
something. Simply do changes to the tilapia_fam10 and rename/move to another dir
late

The code in the SerialICE does same thing as sb700_lpc_init and
it8712f_enable_serial.

Thanks
Rudolf