[coreboot] Fintek f71882

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 16:47:30 CEST 2010

On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 5:03 AM, Alec Wright <alecjw at member.fsf.org> wrote:
> I have a spare flash chip, and I should be able to reflash using an
> external programmer if everything goes wrong. If I configure flashrom
> as a motherboard with the f71805f chip, should i at least get serial
> debugging?
The first step would be to test flashrom and your spare flash chip
with the factory BIOS.  Read the original, swap it out, and write the
original to the spare.  If it still boots, then there's no harm in
trying other things.

Your northbridge and southbridge may also need some configuration
before you can get serial debugging.  If you look at SerialICE, it has
several examples of minimal configurations to get serial working.

Thanks,
Myles