[coreboot] Fintek f71882

Alec Wright alecjw at member.fsf.org
Thu Aug 5 18:59:59 CEST 2010

On 5 August 2010 15:46, Myles Watson <mylesgw at gmail.com> wrote:
> The first step would be to test flashrom and your spare flash chip
> with the factory BIOS.  Read the original, swap it out, and write the
> original to the spare.  If it still boots, then there's no harm in
> trying other things.
Already tried flashing my bios with flashrom: it worked fine. I didn't
know you could hotswap chips to reprogram them though: I thought I'd
have to use an external programmer. Is there no risk of corrupting
data on the chip as you remove it?
> Your northbridge and southbridge may also need some configuration
> before you can get serial debugging.  If you look at SerialICE, it has
> several examples of minimal configurations to get serial working.
I'm not really familiar with serialICE, where can i find these
examples? I looked in the source code but didnt find anything (might
have been looking in the wrong place though)

Btw, sorry for replying directly to you last time. I didn't realise
you'd sent the email to me and cc'ed it to the list, so I just idly
hit reply and it sent directly to you.