[coreboot] mainboard.c: init() still being called?

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Mon Aug 16 19:11:07 CEST 2010

Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> >> mainboard specific setup code is critical for many boards.
> >
> > What does it do?
>
> On some boards it sets up the fans.
> On others it makes sure the display brightness is initialized
> correctly.

What determines the correct way to do those tasks? Is it really
mainboard specific; ie. circuit design? Even if there is a unique
supporting circuit on the boards, the chips that we talk to from
software will only have a finite ways they can work, so we should
always be able to use parameters..

> Sometimes it installs board specific interrupt handlers for oprom
> init.

Thanks, I "forgot" about that one. :) What makes those interrupt
handlers board specific though? What they return might also be
easy to control by simple parameters.

//Peter