[coreboot] Alix.2D3 / Coreboot v4 support

Aurélien footplus at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 22:08:35 CEST 2010

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 9:39 PM, Patrick Georgi <patrick at georgi-clan.de>wrote:

> Am 30.08.2010 20:37, schrieb Aurélien:
> > a) apply the patch as it is, and also remove RAMBASE 0x4000 to all the
> > Geode LX based boards, at the risk of maybe breaking coreboot on them.
> I think the problem is that it hardcodes assumptions about the installed
> RAM - which _might_ go wrong if there's less memory installed (or maybe
> not, because it's never touched).
> At least if we're talking about the same patch :-)

I was talking about the patch attached to my message, which is derived from
the patch you mentioned before. But, mine does not removes the RAMBASE
setting from other LX-based boards' Kconfig, so do not commit it yet,
please. Furthermore, I have another idea, which I think is cleaner. I'll
check if it's possible to implement.

Maybe it's enough to add a big, fat comment to the line in question
> "WARNING/TODO/FIXME/XXX: hardcodes assumptions about installed RAM. If
> romstage fails, look here!" ;-)
>

> > b) Place this code in the mainboard-specific romstage.c (if you prefer
> > this, I can make a different patch)
> I'd prefer global code.

Ok, I'll try to make a patch following these guidelines and resubmit it
after some testing. I'll also remove the RAMBASE @0x4000 from the Kconfig of
LX-based boards, if mine works.

Best regards,
--