[coreboot] question on disable_cache_as_ram() function.

Fengwei Zhang namedylan at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 00:31:41 CET 2010

Hi all,

I have tested S3 on board m2v-mx_se. it works. But if I put two DDR2 on
board, it would die at post_cache_as_ram. it because stack variable
resume_backup_memory changed its value to 0xffffffff after invoking
disable_cache_as_ram_bsp(). I am trying to fix this. but I got some
question about the whole picture of disable_cache_as_ram().

I am also not quite understand why we need backup_resume() function in
post_cache_as_ram(). I thought all previous state info are saved at RAM
after S3 sleep. When we are doing wakeup, we just need to copy current
information from cache_as_ram to RAM at post_cache_as_ram() function,
right? Why do we need to do backup_resume() at this point(it is still at
cache_as_ram step)?

Thanks!

Best,
Fengwei