[coreboot] Libpayload USB support

Patrick Georgi patrick at georgi-clan.de
Fri Feb 5 13:03:11 CET 2010

Am 05.02.2010 12:23, schrieb bifferos:

> It seems OHCI and EHCI support is commented out in:
>
> https://svn.coreboot.org/coreboot/trunk/payloads/libpayload/drivers/usb/usbinit.c
>
> And the files aren't there if you try to comment it back in.
OHCI and EHCI don't exist at this time. There's an OHCI driver available
as patch on the list, but it has licensing issues (it's GPL, while
libpayload is BSD-licensed)

> So
> using FILO, it seems it's  necessary to use UHCI if I want the new
> USB stack, if requiring OHCI, I have to switch to the old (obsolete)
> USB stuff.
Are you sure that it even works? The old USB code was a non-functional
mess, which is why I implemented the new code in the first place.

Patrick