[coreboot] Libpayload USB support

Patrick Georgi patrick at georgi-clan.de
Fri Feb 5 15:43:08 CET 2010

Am 05.02.2010 13:35, schrieb bifferos:
> (1) I need to boot from an OHCI device
> (2) I don't have VGA display hardware (only serial console)
>
> (2) Seems to rule out solutions involving the more advanced
> payloads like SeaBIOS, maybe someone can correct me if I'm
> wrong, so I ended up with FILO.
SeaBIOS has no mass storage driver either (and no chance of using
libpayload, except for our usb-optionrom project, which isn't complete yet)

You can try the GPL'd OHCI driver at
http://www.coreboot.org/pipermail/coreboot/2009-October/052810.html

It won't be a problem in your special scenario (FILO is GPL as well).
I guess there will be an official OHCI driver at some point, but until
then, you should be able to get things running with the patch.

Patrick