[coreboot] Libpayload USB support

Joseph Smith joe at settoplinux.org
Fri Feb 5 16:12:47 CET 2010

On 02/05/2010 10:07 AM, bifferos wrote:

> --- On Fri, 5/2/10, Joseph Smith<joe at settoplinux.org>  wrote:
>> I don't understand why libpayload is BSD and not GPL? It
>> just doe not
>> make very much sense.
>
> It makes perfect sense to me.  This allows OEMs to make closed-source
> payloads for coreboot, something which may have a positive affect on
> Coreboot uptake.

Ok, but I don't see how closed-source can ever be a good thing for
coreboot. Especially when we boast about our code being open-source for
the world to see that it has no security concerns....

To me it sounds like an easy spot for an OEM to slip in what ever they
want...

Joseph Smith
Set-Top-Linux
www.settoplinux.org