[coreboot] my slides from FOSDEM

Rudolf Marek r.marek at assembler.cz
Sat Feb 6 18:22:00 CET 2010

Hi all,

I put the slides from mine talks here. I will  try to get them on the fosdem
pages too.

http://assembler.cz/FOSDEM/

ACPI and Suspend/Resume under coreboot
---------------------------------------

Ever wanted to know more about ACPI? This talk will introduce the software part
of ACPI as well as provide the necessary hardware details to get the bigger picture.

A tour through the Coreboot ACPI implementation will be given, and the
nitty-gritty details of the suspend and resume procedure will be explained.

coreboot board porting

You don't like your BIOS? Want coreboot instead? Here is my story...

This talk introduces some strategies for porting coreboot to new hardware. We go
over the information gathering stage, data-mining, datasheet usage and common
gotchas. The porting of a new motherboard but with existing chipset support, as
well as kick-starting a new chipset port, are explained.

We recorded something, stay tuned.

Rudolf