[coreboot] YABEL full debug problems

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 19:05:39 CET 2010

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 10:36 AM, Myles Watson <mylesgw at gmail.com> wrote:

> > On 2/19/10 4:42 PM, Joseph Smith wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > > I am currently having an issue with a vga bios. I am trying to find the
> > > source of the issue using YABEL's awsome full debug feature (0x31ff).
> >
> > You did also enable "CONFIG_DEBUG", did you?
> I didn't realize it was necessary.  I didn't expect to have to edit
> src/Kconfig to be able to use an option in the menu.

Now I get plenty of output.  I tried it with SimNOW, so I get the
"copying..." line and it works fine.

Maybe we should change CONFIG_DEBUG in yabel code to be CONFIG_YABEL_DEBUG
and add some code like this:

#if defined(CONFIG_YABEL_DEBUG_FLAGS) && CONFIG_YABEL_DEBUG_FLAGS != 0
#define CONFIG_YABEL_DEBUG 1
#else
#define CONFIG_YABEL_DEBUG 0
#endif

I think this meaning of CONFIG_DEBUG should be separate from the other
instances in the tree.

Thanks,
Myles