[coreboot] Executing bootstrap from MBR in coreboot

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Wed Feb 24 15:35:47 CET 2010

Piotr Piwko wrote:
> I'm afraid that I will have to write my own part of code which will
> be responsible to execute a boostrap. At this moment I use the old
> version of coreboot project (practically LinuxBIOS 2.0.0), because
> only in this release my target board (MSM800BEV) is fully supported
> out of the box.

It would really be nice if you could help make this target work with
the updated coreboot sources.

I would actually expect this to require only moderate effort.

> Unfortunately, it doesn't contain the
>
> uint64_t high_tables_base = 0;
> uint64_t high_tables_size;
>
> variables which are necessary to proper SeaBIOS work (according
> with http://www.coreboot.org/SeaBIOS document).
>
> Maybe do you have any documents or advices about using SeaBIOS with
> this coreboot version?

Then there are basically two choices;

1. Backport support for high tables from current code
2. Fix current code for your target

I would strongly prefer option 2.

Can you show us boot logs from your working version and from the
very latest version?

//Peter