[coreboot] Executing bootstrap from MBR in coreboot

Piotr Piwko piotr.piwko at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 19:58:56 CET 2010

2010/2/24 Peter Stuge <peter at stuge.se>:
> Piotr Piwko wrote:
>> I'm afraid that I will have to write my own part of code which will
>> be responsible to execute a boostrap. At this moment I use the old
>> version of coreboot project (practically LinuxBIOS 2.0.0), because
>> only in this release my target board (MSM800BEV) is fully supported
>> out of the box.
>
> It would really be nice if you could help make this target work with
> the updated coreboot sources.

I would really like to do this job, but unfortunately I currently work
on the quite urgent project and I don't enough time and energy to join
to another project. Anyway, I am impressed with your work and I hope
that I will be able to help in the future.

> Then there are basically two choices;
> 1. Backport support for high tables from current code
> 2. Fix current code for your target
> I would strongly prefer option 2.

I've decided to write my own code to execute bootstrap from MBR. At
this moment I test the functions which are responsible for ATA
protocol support. If I have any positive results, I will post my
observations.

> Can you show us boot logs from your working version and from the
> very latest version?

I'm going to do this as soon as possible.

--
Piotr Piwko
http://www.embedded-engineering.pl/