[coreboot] When should we retire newconfig?

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 17:56:20 CET 2010

> > All boards still work on newconfig - once we drop that, there are
> > several possibilities for cleaning up.
> >
> > Boards that were recently tested with kconfig and tinybootblock:
> > emulation/qemu-x86
> > kontron/986lcd-m
> > amd/serengeti_cheetah_fam10
> > asus/m2v-mx_se
with kconfig, but not with tiny bootblock:
I've tested:
tyan/s2895
tyan/s2892
Hugh's tested:
arima/hdama

> Is there some kind of guilde line or list of things that need to be done
> to cleanup/convert on each board?

I would say:
1. Run util/kbuildall/kbuildall vendor/board
2. Fix Kconfig mismatches in src/mainboard/vendor/board/Kconfig
3. Build and boot test (and report to the list)

Soon we'll need to start only reporting Kconfig build errors on the mailing
list.  Then we can fix kbuildall to use an older version of newconfig for
its comparisons, then we'll be able to phase it out.

Thanks,
Myles