[coreboot] Problem: 8254 timer not connected to IO-APIC.

Knut Kujat knuku at gap.upv.es
Thu Jan 14 15:53:42 CET 2010

Hi,
I'm still having trouble getting the IRQs for my on board NICs working
probably. I think I set everything right in get_bus_conf.c, mptables.c
and irq_table.c but in my linux bootup I get this message: MP-BIOS bug:
8254 timer not connected to IO-APIC.  I based my changes on the tyan
s2891 that got a amd 8131 and a nvidia CK804 hanging on the same cpu but
on different links. My board got a AMD 8132 and a MCP55 hanging on two
different CPUs. Am I'm missing some setup for the IO-APIC? some kind of
routing maybe?

Some hints or a complete solution ;) would be appreciated.

THX,
Knut Kujat.