[coreboot] Paraflasher Competition

Joseph Smith joe at settoplinux.org
Tue Jan 19 16:15:08 CET 2010

http://cgi.ebay.com/NANO-BIOS-Programmer-for-PC-M-B-BIOS-repairing_W0QQitemZ270449469749QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotherboards?hash=item3ef80b6935

>> Possible external flasher for flashrom?
>>

> Doable, but painful. That thing is a parallel port flasher and uses USB
> only as power supply...

Umm, so is Paraflasher...

>> Although the Paraflasher is way better by design :-)
>>

> Sure. By the way, what's the status of Paraflasher? Does it work for
> flashing? Any interest in adding flashrom support for it (easy task)?

New Years resolution to get it up and running asap. This baby was meant for
flashrom. It should be relatively easy now that flashrom supports external
programmers. Pretty much just need to setup the parallel port interface.

Also if that NANO BIOS Programmer can do SPI, then my assumptions about
Paraflasher doing SPI are 100% correct :-)

Joseph Smith
Set-Top-Linux
www.settoplinux.org