[coreboot] Memtest86+ failing on coreboot system.

Patrick Georgi patrick at georgi-clan.de
Mon Jan 25 17:23:46 CET 2010

Am 25.01.2010 17:13, schrieb Knut Kujat:
> Hi,
> I would love to send the new board to the list but there are several
> issues still remaining like:
> - SMBus gets irq 0 instead of 5
> - ACPI not working

We have lots of boards with (at best) incomplete ACPI support. That
shouldn't stop you from releasing :-)
> - booting interrupts for about 4 minutes on "Stage: loading
> fallback/coreboot_ram @ 0x200000 (360448 bytes), entry @ 0x200000"

You could try to dump the MTRRs right before loading the ramstage. 4
minutes sounds like there's some problem with caching.
> and the strangest thing: I created a new folder h8qme_fam10 (I was
> working in h8dmr_fam10 all the time)  made the different changes to be
> able to compile everything correctly and now it refuses to boot. It just
> halts somewhere or does several soft resets at different places.

Did you check that there is no h8dmr_fam10 or H8DMR_FAM10 in the new
directory? Is that directory hooked up in kconfig (if you're using
kconfig, that is)?
If you mix up the names, it might just build a mix of code for your
board and another supermicro board.

Patrick