[coreboot] LinuxBIOS V1 ?!

Joseph Smith joe at settoplinux.org
Sat Jan 30 15:38:02 CET 2010

On 01/30/2010 08:51 AM, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> Hi Tyson,
>
> On 29.01.2010 21:08, Tyson Sawyer wrote:
>> A small voice from the distant past here.
>
> Nice to hear from you again.
>

>> I have a custom system using LinuxBIOS V1. Yes!  1! This is a
>> PIII/440BX based system.
>>
>> We have found that we can boot 2.6.23-17, but can not boot 2.6.24.
>> Investigation using characters posted on the serial port suggest that
>> we are starting the kernel and getting to about the point where the
>> clock speed of the CPU and then it just stops as far as we can tell.
>
> This may or may not be an option, but have you thought about coreboot
> v2? AFAIK it should work well on PIII/i440BX systems.

Hello Tyson,
coreboot v2 i440bx code should work for you. I was looking at the code
last night for someone else and it appears alot of the code is
hardcoded. It is a good starting point, but the i440bx still needs some
work. Hope that helps.

P.S. - I am local to the area and I know one of your co-workers :-)

Joseph Smith
Set-Top-Linux
www.settoplinux.org