[coreboot] my coreboot experiences with the H8DME-2 [Was: H8DME-2]

Joe Korty joe.korty at ccur.com
Tue Jul 6 15:49:59 CEST 2010

On Mon, Jul 05, 2010 at 05:02:16PM -0400, Daniel J. Celta wrote:
> Has anyone updated this Supermicro server Board BIOS
> for the H8DME-2......
>
> I have installed FC10, (i was able to complete this
> installation by turning of the RAID configuration in the
> BIOS), and now I am having trouble when trying to upgrade
> the Operating system to FC13.
>
> I suspect, if I update the BIOS, I currently have the
> version of the BIOS that came pre-installed with the
> server, I may be able to upgrade to FC13.
>
> One thing I like to mention, when running "make
> menuconfig" I was not sure of the ROM Chip size, and used
> the largest available setting 4MB.
>
> - How can I check the proper setting for this parameter????
>
> So now, I have created the coreboot.rom, and think I am
> ready to run "flashrom".......
>
> - Is there anything else I need to check before I pull the trigger???
> - Has anyone had any problems I should be aware of????
>
> Thanks
> Daniel

Hi Daniel,

My first (and so far only) experience in installing coreboot was with
the H8DME-2.  http://www.mindspring.com/~jakorty/coreboot.html is a
step-by-step writeup of my experiences.  This page was written up quite
recently (May), so, unlike most coreboot documentation found on the web,
nothing in it should yet be obsolete.

Regards,
Joe