[coreboot] compiling coreboot

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Wed Jul 21 13:26:38 CEST 2010

Hi,

let me explain a few things.

On 21.07.2010 12:16, ali hagigat wrote:
> The reason some of you do not like to answer is not lack of time. It is
> because you do not want other people know about the details of the project,

We will tell you about the details of our project if you are friendly
and if you read the documentation.

> Rudolf, answering my questions take you not more than a few minutes of your
> time and it is not a waste of time. Answering technical questions are not a
> waste of time, never, as it is a kind of practice and helps people keep
> their knowledge updated or refreshed. I did not ask you about economics,
> politics and the subjects unrelated to computer science, how can i waste
> your time? It is something you can benefit from if you think about it unless
> you have other reasons (that I am aware of!!)

We do not benefit from explaining things to you.
You have shown an unwillingness to learn independently, so the project
does not benefit from explaining things to you either.
BUT... if you pay some of us _enough_ money, they will treat you as a
customer and explain things to you even if you are unwilling to do any
work yourself.

Even if you promised to help us with developing coreboot, we would not
benefit until the amount of development done by you saves other
developers more time than they lose explaining things to you. We do not
know you, and we have no way to make sure if you really intend to help
or if you're just trolling. Your behaviour so far is pretty close to
trolling.

> I asked some questions to understand the overall framework of the work
> without going into the details. I knew about the wiki site of Coreboot
> before, how could i register at this mailing list while I found it by
> Coreboot site!!?

Apparently you found the wiki, but you're unwilling or unable to read
and understand the main contents, and focused on the mailing list
instructions instead.

> Go read wiki or the source code are the solutions I knew myself, i have the
> source and the Internet connection...

And why don't you do that?

You have three choices:
1. Be friendly. Read the source/documentation. We'll explain the rest.
2. Pay someone to explain this in private.
3. Leave.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel