[coreboot] AMD CAR quiz question

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 02:45:49 CEST 2010

I've talked to Marc Jones about this several times over the years.. He
can confirm my memory. There is almost no win to parallelizing any of
the memory or PCI bus setup. Yes, it's supported in the code, kind of,
for some platforms, and maybe it works on some of them, but it's not
worth it and it really complicates things.

What is worth it, and we've measured this, is ECC scrubbing. We should
focus on that.

So the boot path:
BSP does all device tree, DRAM setup, sets up stacks and boot code for APs

APs are woken up and do what they are told, which is in many cases to
set themselves up and do ECC scrubbing.

In other words, Stefan is right (again :-)

ron