[coreboot] [h8dme-fam10] acquiring coreboot skills from scratch somewhat daunting

Arne Georg Gleditsch arne.gleditsch at numascale.com
Thu Jun 10 23:21:44 CEST 2010

Joe Korty <joe.korty at ccur.com> writes:
> I've looked more closely; I first see a warm reset (which is normal) followed
> by an infinite series of soft resets (which are new).  Here is the first part
> of the log, containing the warm reset and two of thesoft resets.
>
> Still digesting this new development, myself.....

[..]
> raminit_amdmct()
> raminit_amdmct begin:
>  Node: 01  base: 00  limit: 7fffff  BottomIO: e00000

Looks like coreboot only finds memory on node 01.  Not sure if that's
supposed to work or not, but I'd be surprised if it did.  I assume you
have memory installed on node 00 as well?  You mentioned spd earlier,
and this seems like a likely symptom of coreboot failing to detect the
spd roms on socket 0.  You might want to enable CONFIG_DEBUG_RAM_SETUP
to get some more data.

--
							Arne.