[coreboot] unable to boot linux with coreboot, now with FreeBSD

Edwin Beasant edwin_beasant at virtensys.com
Tue Jun 15 08:16:33 CEST 2010

I think you may well have interrupt configuration problems:
There are messages in the boot log about interrupt storm, and
dissabling interrupts, which will then basically fubar any disk access/
Dma.
If you can boot Linux with options 'irqfixup irqpoll', it will start
to give you pointers.
A strong possibility is that the actual pins wired to the pci
interrupts are misconfigured early on, resulting in a permenantly 'on'
interrupt source.
I would look carefully at the interrupt routing table, and also the
PCI interrupt setup? Looking for things like interrupt overlap,
misconfigured GPIO etc...

Hope this helps!
Edwin

On 14 Jun 2010, at 21:40, "mbertens" <mbertens at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> A new boot log but now with freeBSD.
>
> It seems to me that the memory gets trashed by something, but what?
>
> FreeBSD is able too boot, but encouters a interrupt storm. Normally
> this
> is due to faulty PIRQ table, and the only thing that i can think of is
> that the memory table gets trashed too.
>
> Anyone having any ideas.....
>

> On Sun, 2010-06-13 at 11:34 +0200, mbertens wrote:
>> The second bootlog
>>
>> On Sun, 2010-06-13 at 11:30 +0200, mbertens wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> an update:
>>> I installed a secondary build system (ubuntu), i build everything
>>> from
>>> scratch; seabios and coreboot r5575, r5600 and r5631, all these
>>> where
>>> working fine. But booting them all failed.
>>>
>>> I tried  everything i could think of;
>>> 1. Swapped hardware; memory, system board, harddisks, ide-controller
>>> (pri. versus sec.).
>>> 2. Swapped development systems (debian versus ubuntu)