[coreboot] Serial Console only starts after reset

Joseph Smith joe at settoplinux.org
Tue Jun 15 13:38:25 CEST 2010

Hello,
I have a strange thing happening on the i810 port I am working on. When I
power the board on i do not get any serial console from coreboot. VGA turns
on and works fine, but no serial output. The strange part is if I push the
reset button, serial console comes up and works fine until the next power
off. The SuperIO is SMSC LPC47M102 and I am using superio/smsc/smscsuperio.
Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this before. Any help /
thoughts would be appreciated.

Joseph Smith
Set-Top-Linux
www.settoplinux.org