[coreboot] Serial Console only starts after reset

Joseph Smith joe at settoplinux.org
Tue Jun 15 14:41:46 CEST 2010

On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 05:30:07 -0700, ron minnich <rminnich at gmail.com> wrote:
> It would seem that the RAM code is right but the "early setup" code is
> wrong. It's working because the "early setup" is probably having no
> effect whatsoever ...

Hmm,
There is a src/superio/smsc/lpc47m10x maybe I will try that and see if it
works.
Maybe the src/superio/smsc/smscsuperio does not do early_serial correctly
for this chip?
FYI, after I push the reset button and can see the bootlog,
it appears that the superio is detected and setup correctly.

Joseph Smith
Set-Top-Linux
www.settoplinux.org