[coreboot] An error when compiling FILO because of IS_PC_SLICE_TYPE_BSD

Jiang Wang jwangzju at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 23:29:10 CEST 2010

Hi,

I just found an error when compiling FILO. I used "svn co" to get the
current coreboot and FILO source code ,and followed this link to
compile FILO: http://www.coreboot.org/FILO

However, I got an error saying "/main/grub/completions.c:204:
undefined reference to IS_PC_SLICE_TYPE_BSD". After some search and
help from linux_junkie from IRC, we found out that this
IS_PC_SLICE_TYPE_BSD is not defined.

My current hack is to copy "./fs/filesys.h:265:#define
IS_PC_SLICE_TYPE_BSD_WITH_FS(type,fs) 0" to the completions.c file,
and modified the line 204 to use this macro as following:
&& ! IS_PC_SLICE_TYPE_BSD_WITH_FS(current_slice, 0)) {

Then it compiles well. Hope this information is helpful.

BTW: I tried to include filesys.h directly but got lots of compiling errors.

Regards,

Jiang