[coreboot] [commit] r5180 - in trunk/src/mainboard/msi: . ms9652_fam10

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Mon Mar 1 17:00:52 CET 2010

On 3/1/10 3:57 PM, Patrick Georgi wrote:
> It might be a good thing to compare tyan/s2912_fam10 (if that's indeed
> the ancestor) and this board, to identify common parts that could be
> factored out - we have a live example, with small divergence inbetween.
>
> Everything we get done now will simplify the job for the next board, as
> every feature not to maintain is an issue less for the developer to care
> about.
>
> Any takers?

A great unification would also be to stop having a different target for
FAM10 and non-FAM10 boards. This is more complicated for users than a
bit of duplicated code. (And it will bite us again for Fam10 + x, and
for Nehalem and co, basically for every chipset with a memory controller
in the CPU instead of on the board)

So how do we fix our device model, which still assumes a board has
exactly one choice of memory controller?

Stefan