[coreboot] romcc segfaults; serious help needed

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Thu Mar 11 11:44:04 CET 2010

Keith Hui wrote:
> I posted a new 440BX RAM init code a few days ago that was
> segfaulting romcc, and I didn't get any response.

There aren't very many romcc ninjas.

> void romcc_fail(void) {
> int dimm03 = 0;
> int dimm47 = 0;
> char mbsc[5];
> char mbfs[3];

This is already putting some pressure on register allocation. Can you
help romcc by making dimm03 and dimm47 into char also? Consistently
using unsigned may also help.

> mbfs and mbsc are meant to be an array of bytes that make up the
> MBFS and MBSC registers in the 440BX, to be written out to it once
> they're all set.

Would it be possible to not store, and instead write out to registers
as soon as possible? This will also help romcc.

//Peter