[coreboot] [commit] r5319 - trunk/src/arch/i386/include/arch

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 00:44:40 CEST 2010

The IRQ_SLOTS_COUNT was ONLY needed because of very early bug in gcc 3.

The bug was with things like this:

struct blah {
   int x;
};

struct bee {
   struct blah[0];
};

The idea here is you can initialize the bee struct and the number of
blah structs depends on the initializer, not the declaration.

In the early days of v3 gcc would not handle the initialization
correctly at all. Really, IRQ_SLOTS_COUNT should be something we can
get along without. (at least that's what memory tells me).

Note that on gcc2 it had to be 1, that was the convention; then it
became 0 later.

ron