[coreboot] Hardware damaged?

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Tue May 4 23:26:42 CEST 2010

mark wrote:
> Did I brick the board somehow, or is it possible that coreboot
> bricked it somehow? I don't understand, what part of the board
> could have been damaged here. Short circuit?

There could have been a short when you inserted the new flash chip
with coreboot, but then you would not have gotten the one start with
the colorful display.

You could check the capacitors on the board for leaks - several on my
EPIA-M board have leaked and the board doesn't start, but that's not
likely because of coreboot, rather because of bad capacitors.

//Peter