[coreboot] H8QME-2+ boot problems on different machines.

Knut Kujat knuku at gap.upv.es
Wed May 5 09:39:35 CEST 2010

Hi,
I finally got it working, but I don't like my solution!

I noticed that after setup_mb_resource_map();  the board hang at outb
and inl instructions. So I commented it out to see how far this will
bring me. For my surprise the board booted right into Linux without
further problems. Now my questions are:

- I now know that my resource map must be some kind of faulty. But why
does it work on one CPU and doesn't on another, complete identical, one?
- How do i manage to correct my resource map? Or how do I create a good
resource map?
- Since it seems to boot fine without resource map. Do I really need one?
- And the last one, If I don't setup the res. map, who does it?

Thanks and sorry for the whole bunch of questions,
Knut Kujat.