[coreboot] Query, known-good CPUs to use in a H8DME-2 mb?

Joe Korty joe.korty at ccur.com
Fri May 7 19:59:12 CEST 2010

On Fri, May 07, 2010 at 09:37:54AM -0400, Ward Vandewege wrote:
> On Fri, May 07, 2010 at 07:30:08AM -0600, Myles Watson wrote:
>> This looks like the bootup code for gen f Opterons.
>> It doesn't look like the h8dme has a fam10 variant yet,
>> which is what you need for the 2378 CPUs.
>>
>> I'm surprised you found a revision that works, since
>> it has never supported fam10.  I think it would be more
>> fruitful for you to look at one of the boards that has
>> both fam10 and k8 support, and try to put together an
>> h8dme_fam10 port.
>
> For the record, I've been trying to get that going for a
> while, but have not had much success - very early hangs
> in the fam10 code on this board. Cf. the problems Knut
> is having, I think...

What AMD Processor model numbers have you folks been using
on the SuperMicro H8DME-2 mainboards?  I'd like to buy a
pair of known-working CPUs.

I currently have a pair of AMD model #2378 Processors,
which are of the fam10 line, with a pair of model #2222
CPUs, which are of the K8 line.

Thoughts?
Regards,
Joe