[coreboot] [commit] r5560 - in trunk/src: . drivers drivers/sil drivers/sil/3114 mainboard/tyan/s2881 mainboard/tyan/s2882

Ward Vandewege ward at gnu.org
Mon May 17 04:24:46 CEST 2010

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 04:01:21AM +0200, Peter Stuge wrote:
> I think it would be good to rearrange a little bit so that the driver
> is included by select CONFIG_something in mainboards with a config
> option that is not visible in make menuconfig, and to have a separate
> option, visible to the user, for actually swithing the mode of the
> controller. Or will noone ever want to not switch the mode?

I don't really see a use case for switching the mode. Without the patch, the
only way I've managed to boot from that controller is with a linux kernel -
either in the rom image, or loaded via gpxe or some other means.

I can't imagine the use case where you would *not* want to have the mode set
to make the drive bootable. Unless there is some downside to doing so that
I'm totally missing?

Thanks,
Ward.

--
Ward Vandewege <ward at fsf.org>
Free Software Foundation - Senior Systems Administrator