[coreboot] Geode db800 vs Wyse S50

Oliver Schinagl oliver at schinagl.nl
Tue May 25 10:45:47 CEST 2010

On 05/25/10 00:16, Joseph Smith wrote:
> On 05/24/2010 04:36 PM, Nils wrote:
>> Hi Oliver,
>>
>> Oliver wrote:
>>> I just found http://www.coreboot.org/AMD_Geode_Porting_Guide over on
>>> the wiki and was wondering if that was maybe slighlty outdated or not
>>> needed for a Wyse S10? The S10 uses similar hardware as the S50.
>> The wiki page is a little outdated.
>>> Actually the only difference is that the S50 has 128kb onboard flash,
>>> so minor difference.
>> Are you sure ?
>> Joseph reported that his S30 uses a cs5535 insted of the cs5536 on the
>> S50.
>
> Yes my S30 has a GX2 and cs5535.From what I have read both the S30 and
> S50 are upgradable to the S10. It is just a bios and software upgrade.
>
> On another note I just got a V30L, sweet little VIA C& machine....
>
> Hope that helps.

Hmm; I thought that the S10 was the most basic version :)

Processor:     AMD Geode GX 366MHz
Memory:     0 Flash/128MB RAM

As the S50 reads:
Processor:     AMD Geode GX 366MHz
Memory:     128MB Flash/256MB RAM

btw they use a gx in the spec instead of gx2; odd.

The S30 lists the same btw:

Processor:     AMD Geode GX 366MHz
Memory:     64MB Flash/128MB RAM

So besides the tool outputs etc etc I posted earlier; I'll take loads of
pics. Do I need to pry off the CPU's heatsink for a pic of that? Since I
don't know how to best re-attach it; id' like to postpone that.

Also not having a GX VSA is kinda really off-putting; it basically means
I can't use corebios on this thing yet? How did people do it on the S30
and more specifically the S50? The S50 does list as being supported, how?

Oliver