[coreboot] Indtast Bcc Geode db800 vs Wyse S50

anders@jenbo.dk anders at jenbo.dk
Tue May 25 12:20:44 CEST 2010

Leave the heat sink on.

Mvh Anders

----- Reply message -----
Fra: "Oliver Schinagl" <oliver at schinagl.nl>
Dato: tir., maj 25, 2010 10:45
Emne: [coreboot] Geode db800 vs Wyse S50
Til: <coreboot at coreboot.org>

On 05/25/10 00:16, Joseph Smith wrote:
> On 05/24/2010 04:36 PM, Nils wrote:
>> Hi Oliver,
>>
>> Oliver wrote:
>>> I just found http://www.coreboot.org/AMD_Geode_Porting_Guide over on
>>> the wiki and was wondering if that was maybe slighlty outdated or not
>>> needed for a Wyse S10? The S10 uses similar hardware as the S50.
>> The wiki page is a little outdated.
>>> Actually the only difference is that the S50 has 128kb onboard flash,
>>> so minor difference.
>> Are you sure ?
>> Joseph reported that his S30 uses a cs5535 insted of the cs5536 on the
>> S50.
>
> Yes my S30 has a GX2 and cs5535.From what I have read both the S30 and
> S50 are upgradable to the S10. It is just a bios and software upgrade.
>
> On another note I just got a V30L, sweet little VIA C& machine....
>
> Hope that helps.

Hmm; I thought that the S10 was the most basic version :)

Processor:     AMD Geode GX 366MHz
Memory:     0 Flash/128MB RAM

As the S50 reads:
Processor:     AMD Geode GX 366MHz
Memory:     128MB Flash/256MB RAM

btw they use a gx in the spec instead of gx2; odd.

The S30 lists the same btw:

Processor:     AMD Geode GX 366MHz
Memory:     64MB Flash/128MB RAM

So besides the tool outputs etc etc I posted earlier; I'll take loads of
pics. Do I need to pry off the CPU's heatsink for a pic of that? Since I
don't know how to best re-attach it; id' like to postpone that.

Also not having a GX VSA is kinda really off-putting; it basically means
I can't use corebios on this thing yet? How did people do it on the S30
and more specifically the S50? The S50 does list as being supported, how?

Oliver

coreboot mailing list: coreboot at coreboot.org