[coreboot] Geode db800 vs Wyse S50

Oliver Schinagl oliver at schinagl.nl
Tue May 25 17:43:03 CEST 2010

On 05/25/10 16:04, Joseph Smith wrote:

> On Tue, 25 May 2010 15:31:52 +0200, Oliver Schinagl <oliver at schinagl.nl>
> wrote:
>
>> On 05/25/10 15:14, Joseph Smith wrote:
>>
>>> FYI, I plan on running Tiny Core Linux on my Wyse boxes once coreboot is
>>>
>> up
>>
>>> and running on them.
>>>

>> That scares me a little; is it not running on the S50 yet?
>>

> Not sure about S50 but S30 comes with WinCE on IDE flash disk.
> I can boot Fedora 12 Live spin from USB to Linux console, but craps out if
> I try to boot in graphics mode.
> Why does Tiny Core Linux scare you? It is only a 10MB OS...

Ah; it scared me because you said 'I plan to once coreboot is up' as in,
core boot isn't working yet? :)

The S10 boots Wyse OS; a minimal desktop look a like with soem basic
menus and runs RDP and ICA clients. So it's a PXE like box sorta.

The S10 runs Ubuntu 10.04 in GUI mode from the USB stick; though that is
VESA mode i'm quite sure, so atleast vesa mode works properly :) I doubt
the Geode video drivers do OpenGL anyway though.