[coreboot] segmentation fault when building

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Thu May 27 22:46:14 CEST 2010

Hi Anthony,

Mayhall, Anthony J. (MSFC-ES53)[Dynamic Concepts Inc.] wrote:
> If I run make menuconfig and select the Tyan S2912_fam10
> motherboard, when I do the make, I get an error from the loader.
> Here's what the output looks like:
>
>     ROMCC      mainboard/tyan/s2912_fam10/bootblock.inc
>     GEN        bootblock/bootblock.c
>     CC         mainboard/tyan/s2912_fam10/bootblock.s
>     CC         mainboard/tyan/s2912_fam10/bootblock.o
>     GEN        bootblock/ldscript.ld
>     LINK       bootblock.elf
> collect2: ld terminated with signal 11 [Segmentation fault]
> make: *** [build/bootblock.elf] Error 1
>
> Can anyone tell me why this is happening?

coreboot triggers many issues in distribution toolchains, so if you
get strange behavior or odd build problems then it's a good idea to
use a clean toolchain for building coreboot. The script
util/crossgcc/buildgcc automates the building, and coreboot build
system will pick up the default output from buildgcc automatically.
Give that a try.

//Peter