[coreboot] Nokia IP530 finally fully working

mbertens mbertens at xs4all.nl
Mon May 31 22:23:19 CEST 2010

hi all,

i was to fast on the send button, the Nokia IP530 is now finally fully
working.
-	the four on-board NICs (22143PD)
-	the 2 PCMCIA-Cardbus slots
-	the 3 compact PCI expansion slots (with 12 NICs)

I got it working with 16 ethernet controller (all 21143PD), two HDDs on
the primary IDE controller and two HDD's on the secondary controller.
The on-board CF slot works as master on the primary IDE controller. very
nice for silent running (hihi, with those 4 fan's in the back).

for the NICs i added a driver to the src/drivers/dec/21143. for the
pcmcia-cardbus controller i added a driver to the
src/drivers/ti/pcmcia-cardbus. these where required to get the devices
proberly working. These are added as drivers so that other can use then
in there configuration to. the parameters can be set in the
configuration "menuconfig", "xconfig" or "gconfig".

all this depends still on a patch to the
'src/arch/i386/boot/pirq_routing.c' to get the interrupt routing correct
working. i will look into this to fix in the near future.

I find the coreboot project a great project and i have a lot of fun
working on it. and i will do so. Next on mylist is the Nokia-IP330, yes
again a Nokia piece of hardware.

"That's all folks"

Marc