[coreboot] EPIA halting after vt8601 init

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Thu Nov 4 01:16:47 CET 2010

On Wed, Nov 03, 2010 at 03:00:54PM -0600, Myles Watson wrote:
> > Is this rom structure reasonable (missing fallback/romstage?):
> It's fine.  The romstage (boot block) isn't part of CBFS.

> > Check CBFS header at <hangs here>
> Normally a hang here means that the whole ROM isn't mapped, so trying
> to read from the top of the ROM hangs, even though the bootblock
> accesses work fine.

Yup, sounds like that's the problem. Here's a quick patch to fix it
by adding a rom_enable() function (and converting VT8231 to
TINYBOOTBLOCK) while I'm at it. The only problem: It won't compile ;)

    ROMCC      romstage.inc
mtrr.h:73.42:
non const static variables not supported
make: *** [build/mainboard/via/epia/romstage.inc] Error 1

No time to investigate right now, if someone else sees the problem,
please feel free to fix and commit. Probably just some missing
"#if defined(ROMCC)" or the like.

Uwe.
--
http://hermann-uwe.de     | http://sigrok.org