[coreboot] coreboot on dell mini 9

HacKurx hackurx at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 16:09:49 CET 2010

Hello,

Is it possible to install coreboot on dell mini9?
I enclose my command to see.
Thank you for your help and sorry for my English.

---------------------------------
[hackurx at Admin ~]$ su root
Mot de passe :
[root at Admin hackurx]# cd Dell-mini9/
[root at Admin Dell-mini9]# lspci -nnvvvxxxx > lscpi.log
[root at Admin Dell-mini9]# lspnp -vv > lspnp.log
Commande non trouvée
[root at Admin Dell-mini9]# lsusb -vvv > lsusb.log
[root at Admin Dell-mini9]# superiotool -deV > superiotool.log
[root at Admin Dell-mini9]# inteltool -a > inteltool.log
[root at Admin Dell-mini9]# ectool > ectool.log
[root at Admin Dell-mini9]# msrtool > msrtool.log
msrtool 5566
Detected system linux: Linux with /dev/cpu/*/msr

Unable to detect a known target; can not decode any MSRs! (Use -t to force)
Please send a report or patch to coreboot at coreboot.org. Thanks for your help!

[root at Admin Dell-mini9]# msrtool -t > msrtool.log
msrtool: option requires an argument -- 't'
msrtool 5566
Detected system linux: Linux with /dev/cpu/*/msr

Unable to detect a known target; can not decode any MSRs! (Use -t to force)
Please send a report or patch to coreboot at coreboot.org. Thanks for your help!

[root at Admin Dell-mini9]# msrtool --t > msrtool.log
msrtool: invalid option -- '-'
[...]

[root at Admin Dell-mini9]# dmidecode > dmidecode.log
[root at Admin Dell-mini9]# biosdecode > biosdecode.log
[root at Admin Dell-mini9]# nvramtool -x > nvramtool.log
[root at Admin Dell-mini9]# dmesg > dmesg.log
[root at Admin Dell-mini9]# flashrom -V -p
internal:laptop=force_I_want_a_brick > flashrom_info.log
WARNING! You seem to be running flashrom on a laptop.
Laptops, notebooks and netbooks are difficult to support and we recommend
to use the vendor flashing utility. The embedded controller (EC) in these
machines often interacts badly with flashing.
See http://www.flashrom.org/Laptops for details.

If flash is shared with the EC, erase is guaranteed to brick your laptop
and write may brick your laptop.
Read and probe may irritate your EC and cause fan failure, backlight
failure and sudden poweroff.
You have been warned.
Proceeding anyway because user specified laptop=force_I_want_a_brick
[root at Admin Dell-mini9]# flashrom -V -p
internal:laptop=force_I_want_a_brick -r rom.bin > flashrom_read.log
WARNING! You seem to be running flashrom on a laptop.
Laptops, notebooks and netbooks are difficult to support and we recommend
to use the vendor flashing utility. The embedded controller (EC) in these
machines often interacts badly with flashing.
See http://www.flashrom.org/Laptops for details.

If flash is shared with the EC, erase is guaranteed to brick your laptop
and write may brick your laptop.
Read and probe may irritate your EC and cause fan failure, backlight
failure and sudden poweroff.
You have been warned.
Proceeding anyway because user specified laptop=force_I_want_a_brick
[root at Admin Dell-mini9]#