[coreboot] coreboot Digest, Vol 69, Issue 62

Fengwei Zhang namedylan at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 19:37:10 CET 2010

Hi ,

I think the registers offsets of ICH7 are different from VT8237r, right?
we need to use the data sheet of VT8237r.
I also tested your code, it cannot boot.

In addition, thank you guys for help me out yesterday, and I solved the
problem.  I should put the smm handler code at 0xa8000(even
implementation of ICH4 and ICH7 put the smm handler at 0xa0000, but the
entry point is still at (0xa8000 - LAPICID * 0x400), and they used a
jumptable. ).
Anyway, thank you guys (especially Rudolf's patch) pointed out that and
helping me fixed the problem.

Best,
Fengwei