[coreboot] Questions about more AMD related flags

Scott Duplichan scott at notabs.org
Thu Nov 18 01:03:07 CET 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: Patrick Georgi [mailto:patrick at georgi-clan.de]
Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 2010 04:32 PM
To: Scott Duplichan
Cc: coreboot at coreboot.org
Subject: Re: [coreboot] Questions about more AMD related flags

]Am 06.11.2010 05:32, schrieb Scott Duplichan:
]> I am familiar with the recent history of this bit. It defaults to
]> zero, resulting in the 'weird' local apic id numbering. BIOS is
]> supposed to set it early to get the normal apic id numbering.
]> While I do not know the origin of this strange bit, I do know
]> it was scheduled for removal in future AMD processors. Unfortunately
]> the removal plan was rejected. I would certainly get rid of
]> SET_NB_CFG_54. Just let coreboot set this bit early so that there
]> is no need to deal with two different local apic id formats.
]This patch does away with SET_NB_CFG_54, keeping the code that was
]selected by this option for all K8+ multicore CPUs.
]
]
]Signed-off-by: Patrick Georgi <patrick at georgi-clan.de>

Tested on mahogany and mahogany_fam10