[coreboot] BBC EFI story

ali hagigat hagigatali at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 09:49:03 CEST 2010

Dear Ron Minnich,
I started with Wiki pages of Coreboot and i found Kontron, 986LCD-mITX
as a supported mother board. I though its documentation is open
because Coreboot is open source and ordered 4 motherboards, over
11000$.
After investigating more about Intel manuals I found out that many
registers of North bridge, 82945 have not been expressed!! and Intel
gives this information to big BIOS companies ONLY.
At least you could update Wiki pages to state this fact clearly to
stop people waste money.
How people can contribute the code while they do not have
documentation and necessary information?