[coreboot] motherboards support SMM

fengwei zhang namedylan at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 00:40:31 CEST 2010

Hi guys,

I just went through most of the motherboards on coreboot webpage
http://www.coreboot.org/Supported_Motherboards

I found only motherboard with Intel® ICH7 southbridge supports SMM.
For these motherboards, they will set the CONFIG_HAVE_SMI_HANDLER=y
the motherboards with Intel® 82801 series don't support SMM, because the
CONFIG_HAVE_SMI_HANDLER was not setted after configuration and it will have
compile errors if you set that flag manually.

In addition, most of motherboard with Intel ICH7 will have compile errors,
there is only one mainboard will successfully compile and generate the
coreboot.rom

It is Intel D945GCLF motherboard.

The source code I used is coreboot v4 lastest version.
It would be great if someone could confirm this, thank you very much!

Best,
Fengwei