[coreboot] [PATCH] ASUS M2V support
ranma+coreboot at tdiedrich.de
Sun Oct 24 20:49:30 CEST 2010
Add support for K8T890CF, VT8237A and ASUS M2V board.
Needs crosschecking on VT8237R and VT8237S,
since I had to touch some common codepaths like in
Also because of the changed PCIe init code.
Stupid issues that caused way too much (~1 day) headscratching until fixed:
- I forgot to add the pci id in vt8237r_lpc.c:
It was booting, but interrupts didn't work
- I didn't have the 13.0 and 13.1 bridges in devicetree.cb:
Linux saw the 13.0 bridge, but not the coreboot device scan.
When enabling the 13.1 bridge, VGA init failed, since coreboot didn't see
and initialize the bridge.
- Linux boot (ACPI, APIC and LAPIC enabled) with acpi/mptables-enabled coreboot
- HPET (detected and seems to work)
- Serial port works
- PCI slot irq routing works
- PCIe slot irq routing works
- MMCONFIG for extended pcie config space works
- Booting from IDE HDD/CDROM works
- Seabios won't boot from SATA, but both SATA controllers work in Linux
- All 8 USB ports work
- PCIe doesn't get initialized on cold boot, only works when warm rebooting
into Coreboot from Machine booted by AMI BIOS
Someone with Datasheets needs to have a look I think
- Onboard sound spews lots of "hda-intel: spurious response" messages and
times out eventually. So for now we disable the bridge
- VLINK settings works for me, but I don't have Datasheets
Signed-Off-By: Tobias Diedrich <ranma+coreboot at tdiedrich.de>
Tobias PGP: http://8ef7ddba.uguu.de
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 60598 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the coreboot