[coreboot] DIP32 top hat flash

Tadas S mrtadis at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 14:31:36 CEST 2010

These sockets are good because their pins are hard to bend, so I used it on
the bottom of the "pie":
http://rocky.digikey.com/weblib/Mill-Max/Web%20Photos/110-13-632-41-001000.jpg

This ones pins are easier to bend, so I used them to bend Chip Enable pins.
http://www.buyicnow.com/pic/SOCKET/P00001177.jpg

If part is deselected (Chip Enable floating), Chip Enable pin should be
high, but my flash part doesn't have internal pull-ups, so sometimes during
flashing deselected chip was badly flashed. I soldered external 200 kilohm
resistors to pull-up both Chip Enable pins. Now it works for me :)

I hope someone will have time to update wiki :)

Thanks,
Tadas