[coreboot] --divide!! and .xcompile

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sun Sep 5 09:10:55 CEST 2010

ali hagigat wrote:
> Why the following link does not mention to execute
> util/crossgcc/buildgcc before doing "make"?
> http://www.coreboot.org/Build_HOWTO

In a perfect world it would not be neccessary. But unfortunately it
seems that many distributions mess up their toolchains.

>  * gmp-5.0.1.tar.bz2
>
> bzip2: Compressed file ends unexpectedly;
> 	perhaps it is corrupted?  *Possible* reason follows.
> bzip2: Inappropriate ioctl for device
> 	Input file = (stdin), output file = (stdout)
>
> It is possible that the compressed file(s) have become corrupted.

What part of these messages are difficult to understand?

> You can use the -tvv option to test integrity of such files.

Did you do this?

I'm sure you understand that you will annoy a lot of people by
sending error messages which include suggestions for further action
to the mailing list and expect to get help if you have not tried to
take those actions yourself already. I am sure you agree that replies
such as my "Did you try the suggestion that was shown?" are not
something that the mailing list should be telling you!

//Peter