[coreboot] [commit] r5775 - in trunk/src/mainboard/lippert: roadrunner-lx spacerunner-lx

Jens Rottmann JRottmann at LiPPERTEmbedded.de
Mon Sep 6 10:09:27 CEST 2010

Hi,

>> -            io 0x62 = 0x1220
>> -            io 0x64 = 0x1200
>> +            io 0x62 = 0x1220 # Simple I/O
>> +            io 0x64 = 0x1228 # SPI
> you might be seeing a double allocation because coreboot
> starts dynamic io resources at 0x1000 while static ones
> usually live below 0x1000.

Yes, I'm aware of that. Not only coreboot, our standard BIOS, too,
starts assigning PCI I/O resources at 0x1000.

The problem is that the 1220 base addr for Simple I/O (GPIOs) had
already been in use from the start, in our very first standard BIOSes,
which Insyde had done for us. Later we bought the sources and I took
over, but I couldn't change the GPIOs' addresses any more, it might have
broken existing customers' applications. :-(

So I'm stuck with 1220 for GPIOs. Only moving SPI seemed safe, so I put
it adjacent and marked 1220-122F as reserved with ACPI PnP. Luckily our
standard BIOS always assigns the first PCI resource at 1000 and the next
at 1400, so we never experienced any actual conflicts so far.

Thanks a lot for paying attention!!

Cheers,
Jens