[coreboot] CS5536 OHCI not working

Jens Rottmann JRottmann at LiPPERTEmbedded.de
Mon Sep 6 16:33:26 CEST 2010

Hi Peter,

>> It's possible that this is more of a problem of your thumb drive
>> than of the USB stack.

> Indeed. Especially if the drive is actually a high speed device then
> frequently it will not work perfectly running at full speed.

In the meantime I've tested 1 USB keyboard and 8 storage devices from
different vendors (2 card readers, 1 M-Systems uDOC, 5 thumb drives, 1
of which is an ancient USB 1.1 only). None worked.

> An interesting data point would be for you to attach the drive when
> the system is running Linux, *without* the ehci_hcd driver loaded,
> only ohci_hcd.

Tried that with the 1st card reader which had made me write the original
message. Works with OHCI-only in Linux.

Cheers,
Jens